Cultual difference ~A Christmas Carol~
Thank you for reading my blog this week. I
finished reading some books. So, from this week I’d like to write about A
Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.
Before that, I try to think about the
meaning of a Christmas carol. Do you guys know it? A Christmas carol is a song
or hymn that has lyrics of the theme of Christmas. It is sung on Christmas or
during the holiday season. Of course, A Christmas Carol is about the
story related to Christmas. I searched the custom in Christmas that is popular
in Europe or other area, and I found that American people usually watch the
movie related to Christmas in Christmas holiday. Of course, it depends on
family, but I think Japanese people don’t do this so much. It might be a
difference. However, we can hear the Christmas song everywhere in Christmas
season in Japan, right? So, this might be the same thing.
See you in my next post.
Hello.
返信削除We learned about this story in the class last year!
In the story, Christmas was just like a event to enjoy a time with family, not so related to Christianity, too.
Yeah, Ai, I think so, too.
返信削除In winter in Japan, we often hear this song among everywhere!
It makes us feel calm and very nostalgic about the old days...